Sunday, December 13, 2009

Namecheap.com Christmas marketing campaign

I am impressed by Namecheap's Christmas campaign. Smart dudes.

1. They are using Twitter to spread the word. (viral marketing)

2. They are offering a lot of great prizes. (value)

3. Like most retailers these days, times are slow. They are using Guerrilla Marketing tactics. I love those when they are creative.

4. I am a targeted customer since I've used Namecheap's service. Since they do give good service I am likely to spread the word.

Overall, I like what they are doing even though I hate Christmas Hype. Did you know you can send Christmas gifts through a Christmas Gift Registry now? Ludicrous comes to mind. I have NO financial affiliation with NameCheap but I'm not shy to toot someone's horn when they perform well.

Please Comment on this. I would love to hear what you think.

Here is the email I received from NameCheap.


<>

Hello gregory:

We at Namecheap are in a festive mood this month and we're hoping to spread the holiday cheer to bring in 2010 with a bang. We're giving away 8 free .com domains ($9.69 value) every single hour on the hour for 10 straight days beginning December 14th and $20,000 worth of prizes including laptops and the new Barnes & Noble nook eBook reader.

It's super easy to participate in this winter giveaway extravaganza. Simply join Twitter, follow Namecheap
and wait until the questions are asked. If you're the first person to answer correctly, you are guaranteed $9.69 credit in your Namecheap account. Seven winners that also answer correctly will be picked randomly and also get the credit in their accounts. Over the course of our competition, the three highest scorign winners will receive a Dell Studio 15 laptop ($699 value) and two runners up will receive nooks ($259 value).
Full competition details can be found at www.namecheap.com/contest.


Special .info pricing
For a short time only, new registrations of .info domains cost just $1.99 per year. Full domain TLD pricing can be found at http://www.namecheap.com/domain-pricing.asp?pricefor=register.

We look forward to playing trivia with you and wish you a very happy holiday season. Thank you for choosing Namecheap!


Please Comment on this. I would love to hear what you think.

< /snip >

Greg Cryns

Need great PLR articles?

"Christmas at my house is always at least six or seven times more pleasant than anywhere else. We start drinking early. And while everyone else is seeing only one Santa Claus, we'll be seeing six or seven." ~W.C. Fields

No comments:

Post a Comment