Saturday, April 11, 2009

Customer service: selling is not a bad word!



Twitter may or may not be all that it's cracked up to be, but I've made plenty of friends and discoveries during the past few months of highly active Twitter participation.

For instance, @RobbDrury responded to me by directing me to a customer service video. I almost did not click the link thinking it was just another sales pitch. I am glad I did finally click that link because I think we need to think of customer service no matter what level we achieve in a company.

In fact, I will say that the most successful companies these days are those that understand that everyone in the company needs to be an evangelist for that company. Achievable? Probably not, but we can hope that a large percentage of our fellow employees will be evangelists. Why? Because if the company succeeds, I succeed. If you say that making money to put food on your table is not your idea of success, well, then you are lying. That may not define "success" but then we are discussing nuances of a word.

Back to Twitter, I ask people if they want to exchange "business cards" through Twitter. See, I think everyone on Twitter is in business even if they are not selling things. But we all are at least selling ourselves in one way or another. We need to get away from the idea that "selling" is a bad word.

Watch this video sent Robb Drury to see what I mean.







photo by jennifer könig


Greg Cryns

No comments:

Post a Comment