Sunday, May 9, 2010

3 talented and successful people I discovered this morning


Picture- Cat In The Hat figure found in a San Luis Obispo, CA, novelty store



1. Cindy Krum

Twitter @Suzzicks - Mobile Marketing Evangelist
Website: Mobile Marketing
and The Everywhereist (travels with hubby Rand Fishkin)

How I found Cindy: I was peeping at who @Randfish (Rand Fishkin co-founder of SEOmoz) follows. One (out of the 31 he follows, he has 16,000 followers, this ratio always intrigues me) is Cindy Krum

Why I like Cindy Krum: I do SEO and I want to learn more about mobile marketing

What I learned: sometimes the person behind the star is even more intriguing


2. Neil Patel

Twitter @neilpatel
Blog: KISSinsights
and Crazyegg: Sells visitor heat maps Bio (on website)

Bio: has helped large corporations such as AOL, General Motors, Hewlett-Packard and Viacom make more money from the web. By the age of 21 not only was Neil named a top 100 blogger by Technorati, but he was also one of the top influencers on the web according to the Wall Street Journal

How I found Neil: I was reading Daniel Scocco's fascinating post in Daily Blog Tips by about how successful bloggers work (time spent, etc) 12 Top Online Entrepreneurs Share How Hard They Work- Neil Patel is interviewed there.

Why I like Neil: Neil's post on May 3 is called "Do Business Like A Prostitute" - both the headline and the number of comments (141) grabbed me immediately

Learned: Neil makes about 2 posts a month on his blog. This demonstrates that making a lot of blog posts is not necessarily the path to blogging success


3. Dan Benjamin

Website: The Pipeline (audio interviews) http://5by5.tv/pipeline/14
Blog: Hivelogic
Twitter: @danbenjamin

How: saw Neil Patel's post that he was interviewed by Dan Benjamin (on The Pipeline)

Neil posted **You have to checkout my interview with @danbenjamin http://bit.ly/a8KiZP **

Bonus: Dan interviews Andy Ihnatko (and many others), noted author, columnist at The Chicago Sun Times and Macworld, a regular on Mac Break Weekly, frequent speaker, Apple guru, and geek extraordinaire

Why I like Dan Benjamin: I like audios and he does a great job at it

Greg Cryns
The Mighty Mo Web Design and Promotion

4 comments: