Monday, August 2, 2010

Twitter - sign up even if you don't use it






I had an "interesting" discussion about Twitter recently on a membership site.


When I take an opposing view about the effectiveness of using Twitter for marketing for small business I often get angry replies that say I don't know what I am talking about. They call me names. They swear.
Ironically, I found a good reason today for people to join Twitter.


I was checking out the pictures on my sister's account at Facebook. She has a few from book signings. One caught my eye where she was looking up at the book store owner. I thought I'd like to get to know the book store owner better. So I did Google search for "Cathy Bianco on Twitter". Just like that. I often do that because I can find her blog or website if she does either.


In this case I could not find Cathy on Twitter or anywhere else. That's sad for me and possibly a loss for Cathy as well. Who knows how many people I might email about Cathy if I found out something useful and interesting about her?


So, sign up as a member at Twitter and Facebook even if you don't plan to use it much or at all for that matter. Just put up some contact info to satisfy the curiosity of those who want to know more about you. It's just makes good sense in the 21st Century.


Also, don't forget to get yourself posted on Wikipedia, if you can. A lot of people search there as well. Have you noticed how Wikipedia is often the first result of you Google searches?


Greg Cryns



1 comment:

  1. Firѕt of all Ӏ would like to saу fantastic blog!
    I had a quicκ question іn which I'd like to ask if you do not mind. I was interested to know how you center yourself and clear your thoughts prior to writing. I have had a difficult time clearing my thoughts in getting my ideas out there. I truly do enjoy writing however it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes are usually wasted just trying to figure out how to begin. Any ideas or hints? Thanks!

    my web page: click the up coming web page

    ReplyDelete