Thursday, September 2, 2010
The question came up on @chrisbrogan's popular blog....
Do we need to submit our new websites and blogs to Google? I've made a lot of sites and I never submit them to Google for inclusion in their directory. But any person's experience does not make a "should" or a "fact", right?
So, I sent this message to a few very highly respected SEO people on Twitter:
"Is it necessary to submit your website to Google for inclusion in the index?"
Here are the answers:
1. @MattCutts (Google rep) - usually not. We primarily discover websites via inbound links though, so if your site has none, then consider http://goo.gl/mndG
2. @jillwhalen: not for the past 10 yrs or so
3. @Mitch_M: Nope; that's always been there. You can do it if you want, I'm just saying that if you don't they'll find it.
4. @dannysullivan: greg you prob don't need to submit to google. but submitting your home page won't hurt!
5. @seoidiot: wtf - erm, no that would be a silly thing to do
Website Design and Promotion