Sunday, November 23, 2008

Subscriber letter, "I forgot"

Since 1998, I am the webmaster for Compleat Mother magazine. This has been a true labor of love for me. I have enjoyed nearly every minute of my work here. I have a passion for the magazine's bold pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and circumcision topics.

This magazine started out and continues to provide a quarterly hard copy. The website is an offspring. It is also my first attempt at establishing a website. I learned so much about all things Internet, including what makes a good, friendly website. We have never been very concerned about the design of the site that is admittedly not especially enticing to the eye. This does not deter its thousands of monthly visitors.

The owner of Compleat Mother,
Jody McLaughlin, sent me an email letter she received yesterday from a subscriber. To me, the letter says volumes about how people feel about the magazine. It is up close and personal in so many ways.

Here is the email:

Hello,

I am writing because I have not received any issues of The Compleat Mother in a very long time. I had paid for a two year subscription when my son was a few months old (he is now two!). It just occurred to me that I haven't seen your publication in my mailbox since my original purchase which included several back issues. All I ever received were those back issues. Could you please look into this for me? I know you're wondering why it has taken me so long to report missing issues- well, I've had another baby in those two years (he is now 9 months old!) and quite simply, I forgot.

Thank you so much!

Peace,
Mary

Greg Cryns
http://www.compleatmother.com

No comments:

Post a Comment