Saturday, December 6, 2008

Beware of TV internet marketing scams


This morning, Saturday, I skimmed the TV channels. An ad about how to make money on the Internet caught my eye.

So I watched as a few beautiful and buxom women told me how they were fabulously successful in a short time by ordering and following Jeff Paul's Shortcuts to Internet Millions.

Then up popped Jeff himself to tell me that he gives seminars that people cross the country and pay $10,000 to attend. I assumed he was giving them Internet lessons as well, though it is possible he was selling stocks and bonds there.

Jeff then showed me some pictures of his multi-CD product that would be mailed to me if I called in to the phone number shown at the bottom of the TV screen and gave him my credit card info to spend
just $39 for the "shortcuts" .

After that came the testimonials of men and women, old and young, black and white who said they used Jeff's system to make
UP TO $100,000 per week. My opinion only since I have never seen or used Jeff's product, I think that is how Jeff covers himself when people make little or no money using his system. The big UP TO caveat screams.

I am not saying this is a scam. I am sure Jeff sends out what he said he will send. He knows what I know, though. It is easy to put up a bunch of websites but not so easy to get traffic to see the sites. So, this is probably not a blatant scam, but rather an incredibly overstated outcome of possibility that many people will rush to their phones to buy.

The TV ad must cost thousands of dollars. Since I've seen the ad before, Jeff must be making some cold hard cash. More power to him. Probably a lot less power to those who buy it.

Here are some resources to see what other people say about this system. But you need to be careful. Very often you will find that people appear critical about an info product on the Internet but they are either affiliates of that product and turn the tables on you once you start to read what you think is a negative comment judging by the headlines such as "Does XYZ infoproduct suck?"

In fact, it is now very difficult to get honest opinions about info products even after a hard search.

Having said that, if you are looking for opinions on hotels (and other local businesses) you can turn up some real gems. Here are a few opinions of a motel in my home town of Paso Robles, CA. found in Google's local search box (the one with the Google map balloons that is so prevalent):

"
The room smelled like vomit and there was hair in the bed.."

"
Disgusting! Horrible! Very rude! in this "hotel" room. more like a prision cell. when you pull into the drive way you are instantaneously disappointed."

"There is no pool. The staff is rude, they broke into my room after one knock to ask about cleaning service. I told the guy I was fine and he stood there watching me in my underwear for way too long. He did not speak one word of English. VERY expensive. VERY dirty. Rooms smell horrible, philthy bathrooms, construction debris everywhere. Nothing good at all. Truly the worst hotel I have ever seen. We cancelled along with three other couples that we weren't even traveling with. "

"Black and pink mold in bathroom. Room either too hot or too cold. "

Opinions are a dime a dozen, but sometimes a bad opinion is worth a lot more than that to you.


Scentsy - a warm and lasting gift

Work At Home Profiles


Greg Cryns

2 comments:

  1. True that! It's easy to KNOW how to make money... It's much harder to actually touch the green. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete